Classic cajun dishes like jambalaya, étouffée, gumbo, and hushpuppies have gone vegan in this delicious plant-based cookbook created by Krimsey Lilleth, founder of the late-and-great Los Angeles restaurant Krimsey's Cajun Kitchen.
This book features 120+ recipes inspired by the Big Easy and the south, including:
• Breakfasts and Breads: Maple & Roasted Pecan Pancakes, Backwoods Biscuits, and Spicy Cajun "Sausage" Frittata
• Soups, Salads, and Po'Boys: Southern Belle Pepper Salad, Gulf Coast Sea-friend Soup, and Swamp Queen Po'Boy
• Entrees: Heart of the Bayou Étouffée, Jambalaya Collard Wraps, and Chili-Rubbed Butternut Squash Steaks
• Sides: Fried Green Tomatoes, Kale & Tempeh'd Black-Eyed Peas, and Black Sheep Slaw
• Sauces, Dressings, and Toppings: Bourbon Street Sauce, Cajun Nacho Cheeze, and Maple Hunny Butter
• Desserts: French Quarter Beignets, Double Chocolate Hex Brownies, and Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
• Drinks: Jalapeño Cauldron Lemonade, Café Au Lait, and Hurricane Party Mix
In addition to being meat and dairy-free, this cookbook also teaches you how to adapt some of its recipes to be gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. Plus recipes include quippy intros and fun "Krimfessions" from the chef like: "Putting potato chips on top of food might be frowned upon in some places, but I don't really care about those places." So get out your spices and prepare to indulge as you bring these modern spins on Louisiana's famous rustic, hearty fare into your home.
A new annual magazine providing candid conversations with Black food and beverage experts. Volume Two of...
Kampala is Uganda's lively capital, a city shaped by the traditions of the ancient Buganda...
Perched high above the Pacific Ocean, Lima is the bridge between Peru's old and new,...