Classic cajun dishes like jambalaya, étouffée, gumbo, and hushpuppies have gone vegan in this delicious plant-based cookbook created by Krimsey Lilleth, founder of the late-and-great Los Angeles restaurant Krimsey's Cajun Kitchen.
This book features 120+ recipes inspired by the Big Easy and the south, including:
• Breakfasts and Breads: Maple & Roasted Pecan Pancakes, Backwoods Biscuits, and Spicy Cajun "Sausage" Frittata
• Soups, Salads, and Po'Boys: Southern Belle Pepper Salad, Gulf Coast Sea-friend Soup, and Swamp Queen Po'Boy
• Entrees: Heart of the Bayou Étouffée, Jambalaya Collard Wraps, and Chili-Rubbed Butternut Squash Steaks
• Sides: Fried Green Tomatoes, Kale & Tempeh'd Black-Eyed Peas, and Black Sheep Slaw
• Sauces, Dressings, and Toppings: Bourbon Street Sauce, Cajun Nacho Cheeze, and Maple Hunny Butter
• Desserts: French Quarter Beignets, Double Chocolate Hex Brownies, and Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
• Drinks: Jalapeño Cauldron Lemonade, Café Au Lait, and Hurricane Party Mix
In addition to being meat and dairy-free, this cookbook also teaches you how to adapt some of its recipes to be gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. Plus recipes include quippy intros and fun "Krimfessions" from the chef like: "Putting potato chips on top of food might be frowned upon in some places, but I don't really care about those places." So get out your spices and prepare to indulge as you bring these modern spins on Louisiana's famous rustic, hearty fare into your home.
Be The Change! No one embodies that like Paola Velez, co-founder of Bakers Against Racism....
Calling all cookbook lovers! Don’t miss our "Cooks & Books" issue, featuring Drew Barrymore and Chef...
Don't miss Cherry Bombe Issue 18, a celebration of the most beautiful baked goods around—and the...